When you arrive at the destination after a long planning and there at the airport with your family and happiness looks on the faces of family members, you are assured and carry some cash and credit card and also a cash card to withdraw additional cash when needed go to take the luggage and complete the routine and then happily move to the destination office In order to receive the car you rented, the employee asks you the credit card you give him trying to withdraw the amount, but the employee apologizes to you by refusing the process you reply to the possibility of paying the amount in cash, but the employee asks you to provide him with a valid card and cannot accept cash .. Problems from the first day in case you do not take financial matters seriously and know all matters related to the credit card and in travel there is no room for consultation or re-planning, especially when there are a family and children, but the precautions should be available and used in case of any circumstance and I will touch on some points that I have drawn from Past experiences for me and friends and I am talking about credit cards and not prepaid cards and there is an explanation of the difference between the two cards at the end of the article
- I think it is best to carry 3 credit cards and I will explain the reasons in the special part while traveling
- It is preferable to have different cards such as MasterCard, American Express or Visa.
- Before traveling, you can request to raise the credit limit to get enough capacity when requesting a deposit, usually when booking a car, etc.
- Some credit card companies – respectful of them – ask to be notified before you travel to the destination you want to travel so as not to stop your card suddenly in the belief that the card is stolen because good companies are following up on existing operations and when there is an external transaction the card is stopped until verification so it is better to contact the company or bank before traveling and notify them.
- Write down the card data in a safe place and the international calling numbers for support to call when needed or when the card is lost or stolen.
- Cards vary at the exchange rate which is the amount of currency difference and you can check the card issuer before traveling and the rates vary slightly between companies.
- Some credit cards offer travel insurance this is done when a specific operation is an example one of the companies provides insurance service when booking tickets to the destination and in the event of a delay in the flight or cancellation of the trip and also when the luggage is stolen (Not lost) Compensation in addition, in case of theft, compensation can be sought for what has been stolen and all that is required to submit a formal application in addition to a documented report of the incident from the responsible party such as the police and others.
- When you carry more than one card is preferred to put a card in the safe box in the event of theft or loss This is possible and carries two cards on the move because the card may not work sometimes or may not be supported by the merchant during the operation is used backup card
- Keep receipts, especially in large purchases, to take advantage of them when there is a problem later.
- In some restaurants and cafes in countries that are known to pay tipping to workers (Canada, for example) and when you pay with a credit card there is a special box for the amount you want to pay to tip Do not leave this box blank so you do not be scammed even if you pay the tipping in cash and you can write that tipping on Table or similar phrases in the space provided on the invoice.
- Do not allow the card to be taken away from your eyes as it is easy to record the card data in case it disappeared from your eye and then use your data in fraudulent and also may be exploited your anonymity bypassing the card with devices that save the card data.
- It is never recommended to use a credit card in small and unknown shops and prefers to pay in cash to avoid any scam.